Life is tough. I'm lounging around the pool and hanging in the hot tub about seventy five feet from the beach, watching the horizon to see if Ophelia is going to come ashore here on the Outer Banks. Probably not. Sun's shining. Not a cloud in the sky. Guess there's time to do the Six.
1. You find out that you have to appear on a daytime talk show. It doesn't matter whose show you choose, but you must appear on one. Which show would you pick and why?
Let's see, Jerry Springer? Nooo. I don't want to wear my underwear in public. Ellen? I don't want to dance in public. Jane? Z-z-z-z. Tony? I can't tap dance. Let alone do it in public. The View? Two words, Star Jones. Dr. Phil? I don't want to hear him say, "How's that working for ya?" In public. Oprah, maybe, if she wants to make my wildest dream come true. But Russell Crowe is married now.
However, there is one daytime show I would love to be on, even though I'd be terrible -- Jeopardy. When I play at home I'm great. Of course, with lights and an audience and that stupid buzzer thing, I'd be a deer in the headlights. But if Alex wanted to do the game in my living room, we could talk.
2. Have you ever joined an online dating or penpal site? If so, have you kept in touch with anyone that you met there; if not, have you ever thought about joining up?
No. No. NO.
3. Who was the last person you promised you'd keep in touch with following a move or job change? Have you kept in touch?
My friend, Ann, moved to Bozeman. We talk at least once a week. And I have visited. She joins my friends, Nancy and Bonnie, who also deserted me for better places. Luckily I'm just an airplane ride away.
4. Take this quiz: What pizza best describes your personality?
I'll be back with this one.
Traditional and comforting.
You focus on living a quality life.
You're not easily impressed with novelty.
Yet, you easily impress others.
Traditional and comforting.
5. You're having dinner with friends at a restaurant. Besides the company, what is the most important part of the meal: the appetizer, the drinks, the salad, the entree, or the dessert?
Since I often eat salad for dinner, it would be the salad that's most important, since I'd be eating it as an entree.
But when I have a choice for eating out it's sushi, which is not only the appetizer and salad, it's the main course, too.
Afterward, I'd say no to dessert, then hit a Ben and Jerry's for a pint of Cherry Garcia.
6. Have you ever submitted a Reader's Choice question to the "Saturday Six?" If so, did the answers surprise you? If not, why haven't you?
Yes, I submitted a question. I can't remember what it was. And I don't remember whether I was surprised by the answers or not. Hey, it was more than six months ago. I don't remember much of anything from back then, if I don't have a picture of it.