Sunday, June 18, 2006

IN LIEU OF A REAL ENTRY

This list of fifty questions is going around.

1. How tall are you barefoot?
5 ft. 10 1/2 in. -- down from six feet. Kinda creepy huh?

2. Have you ever smoked before?
Never. That puff on my mother's Chesterfield when I was nine did the trick.

3. Do you own a gun?
Nope, but my first time shooting targets at my daughter's overnight camp, I hit all bullseyes. I think I missed my calling.  Maybe paintball games would be a way to enjoy my untapped skill. Do they have a sniper version?

4.What's your favorite sport to watch?
Tennis. The sport I miss playing the most.

5. How many letters are in your crush's name?
Oh please. I'll be slapped with a restraining order.    

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I live in Chicago. We consider hotdogs family pets.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night if I'm caught in church. Anything from The Little Mermaid otherwise -- I used to watch it with one of my brothers every holiday. A sign of the Apocalypse.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Fresh squeezed O.J.

9. Are You In Love?
I've stepped in it, but not lately.

10. Have you ever done ecstasy?
I don't do recreational drugs. I do the kind that let me enjoy recreation.

11. Do you like spam?
Spam spam? Cubed and served in a salad with pineapple, sure. Once a year. There's so much salt in Spam it floats.

12. Do you like painkillers?
NSAIDs, not opiates.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Like I'm giving that away.


14. Do you own a knife?
A collection of Cutcos, OXOs and Sabatiers.

15. Do you have A.D.D.?
No, we do bi-polar here. Hang around people who are manic for a day and you'll be begging for relaxing moments with someone who has A.D.D.   

16. Full initials?
Not giving those. Someone might send me monogrammed towels.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
a. Why don't I go back to bed so I can get up in an hour.
b. I'm glad no one can see me sitting here. At least I think no one can see me sitting here.
c. I need to pee.

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought today.
a. Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream bar.
b. Grilled chicken sandwich
c. Iced tea.
I see a trend.

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink.
1. Arizona Ice Tea with lemon
2. Peach Snapple
3. Bottled water
4. Freshmade Orange Juice
5. Freshmade Grapefruit Juice

20. What time did you wake up today?
Well, if I don't go to bed again soon, it will be 2:30 AM.
P.S. I went to bed again and got up around eight.

21. Are you married?
Not for a long time.

22. Describe your partner you are wed to (if you are not..use a friend).  He's a pain in the ass. Oh, you mean a friend I LIKE. Good lunchtime buddy.

23. Current hate?
Rising inflation and the war. And that saggy thing under my chin.

24. Favorite place to be?
Besides my bed? Bozeman, MT.

25. Least favorite place to be?
Doctor's office.

26. Where would you like to go?
To London. Or the bathroom.

28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Living la vida loca with my 27 year old pool boy. Remind me to get a pool.

29. Do you burn or tan?
I used to burn. Then get freckles like a six year old kid. Now I am covered with a tarp.

30. Favorite color/s?
Fushia and teal.

31. Would you be a pirate?
Blackbeard, Redbeard and me, Nobeard, except for that one hair I keep having to pluck.

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
In New Orleans in May -- an almost virgin Hurricane except for half a shot of rum.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I usually shower at my healthclub and singing would be weird.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?  Back in the early fifties, I thought the streetcars I could hear at night were Korean tanks.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Britney Spears' interview with Matt Lauer. Yep, I watched it.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Dry ones.

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
Level three sprained ankle playing tennis. One of the guys I was with threw a towel over my face as I lay on the court. Somebody asked "Why did you do that?"  He said, "She's dead, isn't she?"

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Two.

41. Who is your loudest friend?
Uh, I'm the loudest of everybody.

42. Who is your most silent friend?
I can't tell, I'm making too much noise.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Right -- someone has a crush on a 62 year old woman.

44. Do you wish on stars?

"Dear Diary, Tonight I saw a falling star and I made a wish." That's not going to happen anytime soon. 

45. What is your favorite book?
The one I just finished -- Absolutely American, about West Point. For a moment I wanted to join the military. But it passed.

46. What is your favorite candy?
Reisen's chocolate wrapped caramels. I haven't had any in awhile. Hmmmmmm.

47. What song did you last hear?
Something Norah Jones -- I was listening to her CD on the way home from a ballgame. She sounds a lot like Eva Cassidy to me.

48. What song(s) do you want played at your funeral? Oh Happy Day with the the real Edwin Hawkins' Singers singing it.  

49. What were you doing 12AM last night?
I was asleep.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
Do I really want to get up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a good one...think I'll do it too. I think it would be cool to be tall like you, either that , or really short. I am 5ft 5 really average.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers--though I have a feeling they're nothing like the originator of the quiz expected.  But fushia and teal, Mrs. L?  You do have a flamboyant side!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ #9. #13 Please tell! Seriously. #25, I totally agree. #28... Again, I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

Quit lying to everyone....you know that all your male readers and some of the females have the hots for you on #43;)

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/