Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sixin' on Saturday

http://patricksweekender.blogspot.com/ -- You can play here

1. What vegetable can you not get enough of? What vegetable that you've actually tried cooking do you hate, no matter what is done to it?


I can't get enough lettuce.  I love lettuce.  All kinds.  Even the ones that aren't called lettuce, like arugula and endive.  Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, some salt, a bunch of lettuce, and I'm happy.  

I could probably do without beets.  Except julienned into microscopically thin slices so that they're more like colorful condiments than an actual vegetable you can taste.

2. Have you ever given your father one of those tacky flashing ties as a Father's Day gift? What's the "worst" gift you've ever given your dad?

Hard to tell the worst;  he didn't seem to like much of anything I gave him. 

3. When is the last time you donated clothes to a charity drive? If you had to guess, what percentage of the clothes in your closet right now no longer fit?


I'm giving clothes away all the time.  But only after I haven't worn them for fourteen years.  You never know.  As for how many of my clothes no longer fit -- if I can get an arm or a leg in them, they fit.  So that leaves a pair of hot pants from the sixties [They survived the fourteen year rule because I consider them museum quality].  And some Pucci print bikini panties I couldn't toss.  I could have them bronzed I suppose.

4. Take the quiz: Where should you spend your summer vacation?

These EXPERTS tell me I should be down at the beach.  Actually I prefer the mountains.  

5. If you could spend one week anywhere in the world or two weeks at home relaxing, which would you choose?

Home.  There's theater, restaurants, beaches, pretty much anything you want for vacationing here. Except mountains.  
 
6. Do you tend to be more of a morning person or a night owl? If you could, would you become the opposite?

I'm old; we never sleep. I'm usually awake by 5:30 or 6:00.  And I often stay up past midnight.  Is there such a thing as both a morning and a night person? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it odd how we need so much less sleep as we age? I am never sleepy any more and i consider it a great night if I get 6 hours in.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Lettuce?  See........this is exactly why YOU look the way YOU do and I look the way I do.  LOL!  Pass the potatoes please.

Anonymous said...

I'm cheating.  I'm pulling your trick, and doing my Six here.  Can I pretend I'm 5'10" too?

1.  Love zucchini, corn, and the old standby, potato.  Not a fan of cauliflower.  
2. No tacky flashing ties, as my Dad never needed one on a daily basis for work.  I once gave him a pasta-covered juice can spraypainted gold to use as a pencil holder for his desk at home.  Hey, we made it in Brownies, okay?  It was still on his desk when I was in high school, minus a pasta shell or two.
3.  I have to donate clothes all the time, or I'd never be able to open a closet (I recycle amongst the children, and yet...)
Ha.  Doesn't every woman have clothes in her closet that fit 10 lbs up, or 10 lbs down?  Hasn't Patrick ever heard of water retention or chocolate binging?
4.  I should spend my vacation someplace cooler, with things that would amuse the children.   Beach?  I think making sand castles sounds like fun.
5.  I would spend one week away.  I'm home enough as it is, and it's not vacation if I'm still doing all the cooking and making the bed each day.
6.  I've always been a night owl.  It's the children that have forced me into becoming a morning person.   And even now, when I should not, I stay up waaay too late and pay for it the next day with little hands on my face and stage whispers:  "Shh.  Mommy's sleeping."  "But it's daytime."
Perhaps you are right, and there is such a thing as a morning and night person.  What you are on any given day depends on how crabby you are when you are conscious.

I have a feeling that when I get up today, I'll be a night person. lol
Anna