Sunday, July 9, 2006

Slinging Six

Burnt food, inner children, carnival rides, summer days and dreaming -- it must be Saturday. Well, it was, yesterday.

1. What is the last food you prepared that you burned badly?

An English muffin only last week. I'm a culinary whiz, what can I say? I used a toaster I was unfamiliar with and the muffin looked like charcoal before I rescued it.

2. Did you eat it anyway?

I love charcoal flavor, so yes, I ate it. With a slab of butter and some orange marmalade.  I have had years of practice eating peanut butter and jelly crusts that my kids didn't finish.

3. What is your favorite carnival ride and why?

I don't go to carnivals. They have carnival people working there. Okay, I know I've just insulted people who read my journal. But the characters I've run into rank just above pedophile priests in my book. However, I always liked The Eagle Roller Coaster at Great America, which is a bonafide amusement park about twenty minutes from here. The Eagle a classic wooden coaster. That first plunge used to make me want to puke every time I rode on it. How perfect.

4. Take the quiz: How is your Inner Child?

SURPRIZED!!! 
You see many things through the eyes of a child.
Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.
You cherish all of the details in life.
Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencingnew things.

Yep, that's me. RARELY cynical or jaded. 


5. What is your ideal summer day?


Being in Montana riding on a horse. Okay, okay. Clear blue sky, sunny, about 75 degrees, playing tennis, softball, beach volleyball, or beach paddle. Now that I can't play my sports anymore, or ride horses, I'll settle for going to a ballgame. Or lying in a hammock. Or sleeping on the deck of a sailboat. Or driving with the windows down and the roof open.

6. What was the setting of the last dream you remembered?


The setting for the last dream I had was when I was sleeping in a 100 year old cabin.  I don't remember anything about the dream though. I only remember that I had a dream. That's good enough.

No comments: