Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cynical Sunday

I think the new secretary of the treasury should get twenty lashes with a wet noodle for giving such an uninspiring speech that the DOW dropped three hundred points.

I think that being a 65 year old woman is punishment enough for any past sins.

I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse when a US Senator embarrasses our public educational system by saying, ". . .would have went" during an interview on a national news program.

I think that the mother of those eight babies gives new meaning to Octopussy.

I hope somebody includes plenty of barbecue sauce for all the pork in the "stimulus" package.

I hope someone reminds Michael Phelps of that old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, and you should lose ALL your endorsements and be banned from competing in the next Olympics."

I hope MLB comes up with retroactive punishment for guys like A-Rod and his ilk, who won their MVPs, Cy Youngs and batting titles on 'roids.

I hope G-Rod [the Blago man] climbs back into his hole and stops embarrassing us. Oh, no, he's on TV again.

I hope somebody finally realizes that stealing 50 billion dollars from people who trusted you with their life savings is worth the death penalty. Or removal of their testosterone delivery systems. Or, AT LEAST, house arrest.

I hope the next people up for cabinet posts remember to call their CPAs and nannies before they get grilled by any more Senate committees.


I hope the next time someone like the Hudson River pilot miraculously saves 155 people from death that we give him lots and lots of money so he doesn't have to do it again.

I hope that Donald Trump does something about his hair. Anything.

I hope I don't have to turn on the TV and see another news segment with Nancy Grace talking about the "tot mom." Same with Geraldo. And what's with Campbell Brown?

I hope Christian Bale stops taking himself so seriously. To paraphrase Jon Lovitz, it's only ACTING!!

I hope the Post Office realizes that not delivering mail on Tuesdays is stupid. It sure isn't good for small businesses who are always waiting for their checks. Not to mention that we have a lot of Monday holidays which just adds ANOTHER mailfree, checkless day. Saturdays make more sense for a bunch of reasons.

I hope this entry will hold you until I can get back on my own computer.

1 comment:

emmapeelDallas said...

Yeah, it'll hold me, but JUST!

;p