Sunday, July 25, 2004

AOL JOURNAL AWARD WINNERS

2012 NOTE: Seven years ago there was a place on AOL called J-Land by the bloggers or Journalers who wrote there.  Unfortunately, the powers that be pulled the plug on AOL Journals after those of us who wrote there took exception to having ads placed on our blogs. Why? Because we weren't being compensated. Over 200 people left for Blogspot and other places. And soon J-Land was history. However, I kept this post [and several others] even though they no longer link to anything. I have no idea who keeps linking to it, but it remains to remind me of some of the best writers we had.  


Thought I would post this in case you're the only person who hasn't checked them out. I may even get around to making the links work. Actually, they already work, but not all the same way -- I'm too tired to 'splain. Mrs. L

THE KING/QUEEN OF J-LAND
GoldenchildNC
  -- "Golden Child, Superstar!
"


THE LADY OF THE BLOG
Slow Motion Life ~ "A Life in Slow Motion"

LORD OF THE BLOGScreamin Remo 303 ~ "Screaming Remo"
MOST LOL MOMENTSJeff Comedy ~ "What the Hell"
BEST USE OF ANIMATION
Vivian SulliNwank ~ "Viv's E-Thoughts"

THE SUTTERBUG AWARD
Son en Smilin Mon ~ "Backroads of Life"

MOST THOUGHT-PROVOKING
Read Me Read You ~ "Life As I See it"

ROOTIE TOOTIE FRESH 'N FRUTIEDanielle D1 ~ "Everybody Knows"
BEST GRAPHICS  GoldenchildNC -- "Golden Child, Superstar"
BEST THEME-BASED JOURNAL
Sekirley ~ "My Ambulance Stories"

BEST USE OF MASKED VULGARITIESMuse N LA ~ "Amused"  -- Not to be confused with "Do I AMUSE You?" which, for my money, is as good as any journal here for LOL, masked vulgarities, great writing and pretty much everything else. You can navigate there via the "Other Journals" on your left.
BEST USE OF GRANDIOSE BEHAVIOR (a tie, no lie!)
Floralilia ~ "Freely Floralilia"      LA Move 04 ~ "Albert's Artsy World of Fun"

BEST J-BRAT ON THE BLOCKJB Coupe ~ "My Frog Journal"
THE J-TEEN SUPREME
Svenska Girl ~ "Emily's Life"

THE MAD HATTER AWARD
Karen Sull 12 ~ "Jukebox Woman"

I'S GOT GOOD GRAMMARRead Me Read You ~ "Life As I See It"
MOST ORIGINAL/CREATIVE JOURNAL
Haiku Like ~ "Interactive Haikus"

THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD
Bare Bytes ~ "Community Story Book"

MOST HEART-WARMING JOURNAL ENTRYMKG Ninja ~ "Happy Anniversary Baby"
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AWARD
Dave the Sod ~ "World of the Sod"

SIR BLOGS-A-LOTDave the Sod ~ "World of the Sod"
THE J-QUEEN OF ENGLAND
Agathas Place ~ "Damn, Blast, Bollox"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs L

Thank darlin for the wonderful and delightful comments you have left on Ellipsis, it always makes my day to see you have dropped by! Take care darlin. Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

yea!

me said...

I miss those days.