Saturday, January 1, 2005

Patrick's Saturday Six

I'm a week behind. So here's the Christmas Six.

To play you can either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place [see Other Journals], or put the answers in an entry on your journal. Either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit!  (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!)  Enjoy!

1. Did you travel for the Christmas holidays?  If so, how did you get where you were going and how was the trip?

Went to Vegas baby.  Flew.  Great flight on a perfect, clear, sunny day.  Two feet of snow to the east, but not a cloud from Chicago to Nevada. Christmas was sunny and close to 60 degrees. Came back in a recordbreaking rain storm. Left two hours late.  But the captain put the pedal to the metal and we made it back in an amazing 2.5 hours -- instead of three hours and twenty minutes.

2. Did you get most of the gifts you were hoping for?

Since all I wanted was to hang out with my family, I was not disappointed.

3. If you were to check Santa's list, would your name appear to indicate that you had been good enough in 2004 to have DESERVED those gifts?

I am always more than good enough. In a Mae West kinda way.

4. If you HAD to make one New Year's Resolution next year, what would it be?

Never make another resolution. 

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #36 from Mrs. L:  What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie or dessert?

Hey, this is my question!! And my answers are: 1)Christmas tree sugar cookies that I bake myself, but not this year. And, 2) French silk pie with a meringue shell crust or apple pie with cheddar cheese melted on top, or "The Great Wall", a white and chocolate mousse dessert surrounded by four walls of cracker shaped meringue made at EurAsia, a Chicago restaurant that closed, so I can't have it anymore. 

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #37 from Promise:  Who inspires you the most in your life?

Hillary Clinton is an inspiration to all women with philandering husbands -- a triumph of hope over experience.  Howard Stern is an inspiration to every kid who was a dork in high school -- he gets to fondle all those women who wouldn't give him the time of day. Ben Affleck is an inspiration to every pretty face without an ounce of talent -- he's laughing all the way to the bank.  George Bush is an inspiration to slackers everywhere. . .

Okay, seriously -- my mother, my aunts, my daughters, and my longtime girlfriends are my daily inspirations. Some days I need them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, bebe'!