25 scintillating subject lines
Randy B. Hecht Love@AOL by match.com
. . .Want to make an [email/IM] impression that sets you apart in a crowded field. Want an enthusiastic reply? Try one of these openers to begin a great conversation that could lead to a great relationship:
1. Your profile made me smile. I'd love to return the favor!
Mrs. L: But I better not hold my breath.
2. We haven't even met, and I'm daydreaming about you.
Mrs L: I smell restraining order.
3. You remind me of my dinner tonight-full of spice!
Mrs. L: You remind me of the gas that comes later.
4. Oh, my!
Mrs. L: Oh, no.
5. Your profile reminded me why I joined Match.com
Mrs. L: For some reason, you think you're attractive.
6. Even my PC screen lit up at the sight of you
Mrs. L: Check to see if you're sitting on something.
7. What a delightful surprise you are!
Mrs. L: Like chocolate poured over green beans or something better?
8. I think our dogs need a play date and we need a real date!
Mrs. L: I'll bring my new pooper scooper.
9. Boy, do we have a lot in common!
Mrs. L: We can both type. It's a start.
10. Hoping to pique your curiosity ... for starters ...
Mrs. L: I know, you're hung like a donkey. Thanks for sharing.
11. If I weren't so shy, I'd tell you you're gorgeous
Mrs. L: In two seconds, you're going to say you bet I have nice hooters and a great ass, but you're shy and something like that would never enter your mind.
12. What an upbeat attitude. I'm positive we'd click!
Mrs. L: Do I hear the sound of handcuffs?
13. I'd love to hear more about your travels.
Mrs. L: Well, I get in my car, drive it to work. Park it. And drive back home again. You?
14. Flirt Alert!
Mrs. L: Oh, good, you're about to turn on your personality. I'm sure it's gotta be here somewhere. [YAWN]
15. You sound like a great person and parent — can we chat?
Mrs. L: You're looking for that special someone to wipe your fanny and keep juice boxes in the fridge?
16. Your profile just gave me a cardiovascular workout
Mrs. L: Why do I think your keyboard needs cleaning up, too.
17. I'm trying to decide what comes next after WOW
Mrs. L: Sheesh, another high school dropout.
18. Has anyone told you you're fascinating?
Mrs. L: Usually they can't spell "fascinating."
19. Read your profile last night and thought of you all day today.
Mrs. L: Why do I feel uncomfortable hearing this?
20. Are you free for dinner tonight?
Mrs. L: Or are you worried you'll have to pay for my meal and then pray you'll get a freebie later?
21. Blown away ...
Mrs. L: Don't go there.
22. Do you often turn cynics into romantics?
Mrs. L: I'm usually more successful going the other direction.
23. You could bring out the gold medal snuggler in me.
Mrs. L: Luckily, it won't come to that.
24. I could tell you my life story ... but I think it won't begin until we meet
Mrs. L: And then you'll bore me for hours with how wonderful you are.
25. Just when I was sure there was no one like you ... here you are!
Mrs. L: Gone in sixty seconds.