Thursday, April 28, 2005

An Open Letter to Patrick of Patrick's Place

Patrick --

I've been thinking about AOL, journals, TOS violations, Armand's deleted journal, his quest to get to the root of the evil, your very well reasoned remarks and subsequent questions about the subject, Remo's corrosive satire on same, the comments from the community, and what it all means. Big picture. And here's what I see in my mind's eye:

We are gnats buzzing around the gonads of a huge dinosaur.  We need to get bigger.  Or we need to have more sting.

However, despite my petulance, I have learned that the most effective course of change in any community situation is thoughtful discourse.  And did I mention good ideas?

So I would like to nominate you as the journal community's representative to AOL.  And hope that everyone else will agree with me.  Including Scalzi, who may have already been working on something like this.

Just a thought.

Mrs. L

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gonads is one of those words that always looks funny. I'm sorry, what was the rest of it?

Anonymous said...

I'd second that nomination.

Cat

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I've obviously missed this drama - but it sounds as if someone's journal has been arbitrarily deleted? What an appalling thing, if so! And I wonder why. After all - surely our blogs are our own websites, to do with as we please. But yes, I agree - discourse is always the best oil for troubled waters.

David.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shadp/TheWayAhead/

Anonymous said...

Patrick is the perfect selection. I also think we should put Albert on the inside as our corporate mole.

Anonymous said...

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHY THE JOURNAL WAS DELETED EXCEPT THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE. I SURE HOPE THE MISTAKE DOESN'T SPREAD. COME VISIT TO SEE SPRING NEWS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.

Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock over the journal deleting thing...gread idea you have mrs l  

Anonymous said...

everybody needs to keep talking until actual changes are made and we are all informed of them. I had a good talk with a person at aol that Armand is aware of, and she says that the higher-ups are paying attention, and that they are looking for solutions..... but if this quiets down nothing will be done. Journals have gotten huge and this needs to be addressed. judi

Anonymous said...

oh, and Yea Armand, Patrick, and Remo. judi