Friday, November 3, 2006

I'll Have the Yellow Fin Pizza, Please, Hold the Anchovies

There's a place with two locations in Chicago called Tomato Head. They have my new favorite thing to lunch on -- barbecued chicken pizza.  Boy is it good.  Hmmm mmmm.  Today at work, I popped for one. Since there were a lot of people, I also threw in one of their Gut Busters for the young guys and a plain cheese one too, in case someone female claimed she was "dieting."  I, personally, packed away four pieces.  That's four square pieces, the way we cut pizza here in Chi-town, not those huge soggy pie shaped wedges they give you in New York.  Did I say hmmmm mmmm yet?  Except for one thing.  I'm going out to dinner tonight for a late birthday celebration with my daughters. The pizza was enough to tide me over until Thanksgiving, so I would probably just get a salad after such a big lunch. But we're going out for my most favorite meal of all -- SUSHI. Dead raw fish, could anything be more appetizing? Hmmmm mmmm. Ah, yes, I can hear people in landlocked towns who read this journal heading for the toilet.

I can't wait. For the sushi, not for you to get back from the toilet.

Two of my favorite meals. Both in one day. I also like the entire left side of the menu at Gene and Georgetti's, and the specials at Kiki's. So much food, so little Zantac.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Mrs. L!  It's your birthday, so go ahead and eat all you want!  Lisa

Anonymous said...

All you need is one big burp, and you'll be good to go.

Bon Appetit!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Have great celebrations - eat it all! You will have all year to work it off, lol!

Happy Birthday!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Mrs.L. - the only thing worse than sushi is barbecued chicken pizza! And, by the way - I don't know anything about birthdays. They're against my religion.......
                                                                                                            Cheers,
                                                                                                                           Jon
               

Anonymous said...

If you knew Sushi, like I know Sushi.....

Hope you had a great dinner.

Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com