Wednesday, October 6, 2004

The Saturday Six Way Late

As usual, Patrick's six little questions have been begging for answers. And I'm just now getting to them.


1. Which of the following do you trust more:  a politician, a televangelist, a lawyer, a reporter, or a doctor?

They all score less than zero with me. 

We live in an era when politicians say things like "What do you mean by what do you mean?" And defend themselves with "I never had sex with that woman," because they don't think it counts until you actually stick your wick in the tunnel of love. 

Televangelists turned God into the Ed Sullivan Show a long time ago. Gotta pass.

You'd think I'd have respect for lawyers with so many in my family.  But one of them was my ex.

Reporters would seem to have the most integrity. But even the NY Times isn't sure.

And as for doctors, I just lost a friend to a misdiagnosis. Not the first time.  It won't be the last.

2. What's the last song you liked enough that you actually took the time to look up the lyrics?

Actually, that's never happened.  I look up songs to write parody lyrics for commercials and videos. The last song I checked for lyrics was a song by the Brothers Johnson I wanted to use for a video, but it had such weird lyrics I decided not to. 

Strawberry Letter 23  -- what's with the name?!

Hello, my love
I heard a kiss from you
Red magic satin playing near, too

All through the morning rain
I gaze - the sun doesn't shine -
Rainbows and waterfalls run through my mind

In the garden - I see west
Purple shower, bells and tea
Orange birds and river cousins dressed in green

Pretty music I hear - so happy
And loud - blue flower echo
From a cherry cloud

Feel sunshine sparkle pink and blue
Playgrounds will laugh
if you try to ask
Is it cool?, is it cool?

If you arrive and don't see me
I'm going to be with my baby
I am free - flying in her arms, over the sea

Stained window, yellow candy screen
See speakers of kite - with velvet roses diggin' freedom flight

A present from you - Strawberry letter 22
The music plays, I sit in for a few

Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...

A present from you - Strawberry letter 22
The music plays, I sit in for a few

Ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...ooh...
Oh, puh-lease


3. Which deceased relative would you most like to spend one more afternoon with?

My mom, no question. She was my best friend.

4. What is your preferred brand for:  a) toothpaste, b) soap, c) shampoo, d) laundry detergent
 
a) CREST Gel in the funny container that looks like deodorant b) L'Occitane, Neutrogena or something from Williams Sonoma  c) Usually Nexxus, Aeterna, Aveda or something I took from a hotel   d) TIDE

5. What is your favorite poem?

IF by Rudyard Kipling

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #25 from
Tara:  How did your parents select your first name? Were you named after a particular friend/relative/fictional character or did they just like the name?

Since I go by Mrs. Linklater in my journal, we won't be discussing my first name here.  My middle name, Lyn, was extracted from my mother's name -- Evelyn.

No comments: