Wednesday, October 6, 2004

REDEYE

inference.phy.cam.ac.uk

The last time I caught the REDEYE from LA, I went straight to a meeting and spent the day at work. Never missed a beat. Thanks in part to being able to sleep on the plane, even though it's only four hours or so.

This time after landing at 5:00 AM, I went straight home, climbed into bed and slept most of the day. Missed an appointment I was able to re-schedule, slept through all the phone calls -- because I was so out of it, I never even heard the phone ring.  

I finally got up at 4:00 PM ready to face the world, only it had moved on about eight hours ahead of me. Then, amazingly, I got tired AGAIN around 9:30 PM.  At least I thought I was tired -- it might have been the debates on TV.  Regardless, I fell asleep with all my clothes on.  The good news is I am already dressed.

The problem is, it's 5:00 in the morning and I'm up, ready to get into trouble, but there's no one to get into trouble with.  They're all sleeping.

I wonder how long it's going to take my body to get all this straightened out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't jet lag suck!  Great Red Eye photo.  :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, since coming to live with Virginia I have discovered that I don't like red-eye flights........ very discombobulating....... but the extra few hours on that coast are usually worth it!
judi