Sunday, January 16, 2005

Patrick's Saturday Six NFL Playoff Edition Two

Mrs. Linklater has not posted an entry since last Sunday, so she thought she would kickstart her engine this Sunday with a little help from Patrick.

To play you can either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place [see Other Journals], or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit!  (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!)  Enjoy!

1. You achieve a high level of fame in your chosen career.  Calls begin coming in for interviews...if you could only appear on one of the following shows, which would you select?

A) Today
B) Live! with Regis and Kelly
C) The Daily Show
D) Oprah
E) David Letterman
F) Jay Leno
G) Jerry Springer

What, no Nightline? No Larry King Live? No Barbara Walters? Okay, what are the options again? Definitely not the Today Show. The people who go on that program have to get up at three freaking o'clock in the morning. Which is two in the middle of the night here. I don't think so. Oprah? Way too much exposure. Strangers would come up and talk to me on the street. EWWW. Regis and Kelly? Ever notice how uncomfortable their guests look perched on those dumb stools? Like sitting with a broom up your butt. Not for me. Letterman and Leno? If I could wear my sweats, maybe. Jerry Springer? I don't do bottomless. But, I would kill to be on The Daily Show.  To have Jon Stewart roll his eyes at whatever I'm famous for. With his correspondents making fun at my expense. That's for me. Nothing would be more wonderful. 


2. You have the opportunity to briefly become another person in another body, then spend 48 hours alone with the real you.  Would you do it?

Sure, why not. I'd be reincarnated as my dead mother. So she could play tennis, bake cookies, help around the house, talk about my so-called life, meet her grandchildren, wonder why I ever married that guy, and generally just hang out with me.
 
3. You have the opportunity to briefly become another person in another body and live a normal life for 48 hours.  Would you dare to spend two days as a member of the opposite gender?

Why?  So I could pee standing up?

Actually, I'd love to be a guy for 48 hours, just to see how it feels to be in a body that can move the sofa, eat whatever it wants, want sex 24/7, and not have PMS.


4. Compared to previous years, did you spend more or less money on Christmas gifts?  How soon do you think you'll have all of the bills for Christmas paid off?

More.  Already paid for.
 
5. What is the first toy you remember playing with?

Don't remember the first toy. But I do remember sitting in my crib and wanting to play with a bottle of Windex that was just out of reach.  The blue liquid was absolutely fascinating to me.
 
6. Have you ever downloaded a song or theme song for your cell phone?  If so, which one amuses you most?  If you haven't, but had to pick one, what would it be?

My cell phone is from the dark ages. I'm lucky it rings. If I had the option of downloading a tune, I would choose the Sesame Street theme, "Sunny day, everything's A-OK. . ."  Or Mr. Rogers theme, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. . ."  Because those tunes make people smile. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's nice to see you back with an update...I noticed how long it had been (not that I have any room to talk)....thanks for the giggle this morning.... I don't have songs on my phone either, but those sound like good choices, :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm not sure if it's the idea of needing a kickstart from pattyboy or what the Rams did last night in Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Not Charlie Rose?

Anonymous said...

John Lennon/"Strawberry Fields Forever"