Saturday, March 12, 2005

Patrick's Saturday Six Redux

To play cllick on Patrick's Place in Other Journals.


1. Have you ever called 911 for an emergency?

Yep.  After I fell down the basement stairs head first holding a lightbulb I was going to replace.  I remember thinking as my butt kerplunked on every step that people break their necks and die from falls down the stairs.  I just knocked myself silly.  The lightbulb broke and splintered into millions of tiny pieces which embedded themselves all over my body.  I couldn't talk normally for several days.  When I called 911 the paramedics kept talking to me about two inches from my face. I found out later that most people who fall down stairs are drunk.

2. Do you spend more or save more?

I spend money.  I save old magazines.  it's a toss up between them.

3. How many live plants do you have in your home now?  Do you give them enough attention?

I have three plants.  Two are HUGE.  The third one is an ivy sort of thing.  They won't die.  I can't kill them. So we live in harmony.

4. What was the last thing you did to exercise?  How often do you exercise?

I took one of my computers to be fixed.  Have you ever lifted one of those things from the car to the cart?  And from the car back home to the top of the microwave, where it sits right now untiil I am strong enough to move it to the counter, where it will sit until I am strong enough to move it back to the place where it has sat for five years.

5. Where do you compare with regard to your parents:  Do you feel like an adult, or still like the "kid?"  If you feel like an adult, when did you first feel that way?

I knew I was an adult when I discovered that my dad was nutty as a fruitcake.  And he was a shrink.   I actually feel like I'm the kid with my own children, since I now let them make almost all the decisions I used to make for them.  Like what's for dinner. What movie are we going to see?  Where am I going for the holidays.  

6. Who is the last person you received a personal card or letter from that wasn't sent to mark a special occasion?

I get funny e-cards from friends all the time.  This is a family journal so i am not at liberty to share them.

No comments: