Now, it's on to this week's questions...the first questions of 2005: to play you can either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place [see Other Journals], or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!
1. Where were you when the clock struck midnight? With whom did you ring in the new year?
I was sick in bed at midnight. Then my phone rang in the new year with calls that came in from both sides of the country and the party I missed. "You still sick?" "Boy are you missing out." Finally got back to sleep after three.
2. Do you have any foods you always eat on New Year's Day, and if so, what do the foods signify for your family?
This year it will be Gatorade, Jello, and chicken soup. They signify that I'm finally able to keep some food down.
3. Do you believe that these "superstitious foods" work?
I sure hope so.
4. Did you make any New Year's Resolutions this year, and if so, which of them do you honestly expect to have kept by December 31, 2005?
I learned a long time ago that resolutions were way too easy to break. Since I don't like to break promises I don't make any more resolutions.
5. What is the most enjoyable DVD you purchased in 2004? What's the most enjoyable DVD boxed set you purchased in 2005?
I purchased so many DVD's I can't remember which one I liked best. There were a couple of terrible ones with John Travolta though. The only two boxed sets I want are The Godfather and Star Wars [you can have HP and LOTR]. Since I still have them in VHS, I'm in no hurry.
PS-- this just in, one of my brothers gave me a bunch of DVD's, including a boxed set of Harry Potter [HP]. I didn't give it back.
6. What would you most like to see change in AOL Journal-land in 2005?
I'd like to have people in charge who aren't deaf. Most of the problems we had months ago are still problems now. Is anybody listening?