To play you can either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place [see Other Journals] or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit!
1. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #38: If you could live in a foreign country (or city) for one year, which would you choose and why?
If Donald Trump bankrolls me, London. For its 2000 year history, 400 year old houses, the Indian food, the museums with all their stolen booty, the shops they manage to squeeze into a 5 x 10 space, the quaint as shit countryside, the myriad accents, the black cabs, the streets that change names in the middle, the pubs, the driving on the left, the whole queen thing. And one of my daughters lives there.
2. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #39: Did you have a security blanket, stuffed animal or toy that you were attached to as a child? Do you still have it?
Yes I did. No I don't.
3. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #40: Favorite alcoholic beverage?
I don't like to drink, but I can manage a frou frou libation now and then. Kahlua and cream. Or Bailey's, which I consider the Irish version. And my ex used to make a Brandy Ice that was like a milkshake. Otherwise, blech.
4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #41: What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
Road Runner. Always was. Always will be. Sorry, Muttley.
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #42: Is there a chore you enjoy doing?
I enjoy delegating them.
I do remember having an overwhelming urge to clean a bathroom once. Like a junkie who needs her fix, nothing could stop me. I was obsessed with a compulsion to shake Comet out of the can and spray Windex on the mirror. I spent a couple of hours on hands and knees, got up on a stepladder too. Polished the grout with a toothbrush. Used alcohol to shine the chrome. Cleaned under and behind the toilet tank. Washed the door on both sides, along with all the rest of the woodwork.
Did I mention I was nine months pregnant? I went into labor the next day with my first child, And, thankfully, that desperate, disturbing need to clean has never returned. There are trained professionals for that.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #43: A time machine will let you travel 10 years into either the past or future. Which would you choose and why?
Backwards. And make it twenty-five years. I've been young and I've been old. Young is way better.