Playing is simple: you can either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place [see Other Journals], or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment here. (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!
1. What one song or melody can make you smile even when you're having a rotten day?
Anything by the original Temptations, especially My Girl. I'm immediately transported back to some good times during spring break my senior year in college. Also Rock the Boat/Hues Corporation. It's a Shame/Spinners. Anything Hall and Oates. Stevie Rae Vaughan. Seal. Pointer Sisters. Luther. Honky-tonk country music. I'm pretty easy.
2. What are your plans for the day? How much of it do you think you'll actually accomplish?
My plans for Sunday are to be a vegetable. I can accomplish that from any position on a couch in front of a TV with a book to read during the commercials and a cup of tea.
3. What television show do you most enjoy watching when you're all alone and can devote your complete attention to it?
Any episode of any version of Law and Order. And re-runs on ABC of West Wing. Or in the old days, OZ on HBO.
4. What was the last thing you remember arguing with someone about?
What? Me argue? Easy going, go with the flow me? I don't usually argue. I just get mad, tell people off and walk away. Of course then they track me down for an argument.
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #45 fromBud: Inspired by this article on cell phone technology, he asks, "What is your most aggravating public experience with a cell-phone user?"
I aggravate myself every time I forget to turn it off before a meeting or a movie.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #46 from Stacy: Did you watch the Super Bowl and if you did, do you like the commercials, the half-time show OR the ceremony following the game the best?
Half time was boring musically. Visually it was interesting. Skipped the after game ceremony because it's usually boring, too. Most of the commercials were too tame, but the Budweiser commercial with the pig in Clydesdale feathers was cute. The applause for the vets was touching. I actually liked the girl with the spaghetti strap malfunction testifying before the senate committee. The old geezer on oxygen at the end was fun. And the first time I saw the pilot jump out of the plane for the Bud was okay. The next two times it got old fast.