1. Other than the "Saturday Six," what weekly or daily memes do you play most often? (Please give a link to that journal.)
None of them. Zippo. Zero. Nada.
2. If you could look back at photos you know of that were taken during your childhood, from your first school pictures to snapshots taken ten years ago, which one do you think would be the most embarrassing and why?
For years I thought the most embarrassing photo of me was taken by a boyfriend who was a professional photographer. One day he knocked on the bathroom door and when I opened it up he was standing there with his camera snapping pictures.
I was in my panties and nothing else. I screamed and covered up the two things that went on to provide sustenance for my children, but, too late. For years I worried that those photos would show up on the internet, but now I'd just like to see them.
3. What was the last thing you made yourself do, even though you really didn't want to?
I made myself eat some food even though I wasn't hungry. I have a tendency to forget about eating. And when I catch up I fill up the tank. That's not smart. So I try to eat little bits all day long. Cherry yogurt with bits of cherries, a bowl of fruit with bits of granola, a big salad with bits of chicken, cheese and croutons, and a bag of Riesen's chocolate with bits of Werther's toffee to wash it down.
4. Take this quiz: How do you live your life?
I took this quiz yesterday and I can't remember what it said. So much for shortterm memory. I'll take it again and let you know.
Here are the results:
How You Live Your Life
You have a good sense of self control and hate to show weakness.
You tend to avoid confrontation and stay away from sticky situations.
Your friends tend to be a as quirky as you are - which is saying a lot!
You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable.
5. What was the last book you started but never finished (aside from any you're currently reading)? Why did you stop reading it?
I leave unfinished books all over the country. Every time I visit a friend I start a book while I'm there. But I never have time to finish it. Even though I prefer non fiction, I'll read almost anything. When I'm visiting friends in New Jersey I catch up on my Tom Clancy and other bestsellers. When I'm out in LA I read all kinds of artsy fartsy books. In Montana, I catch up on cowboy lore. Probably the one book I want to finish more than any of them is LONDON, which chronicles the history of that great city over the past 2000 years. I started that when I was in London,how appropriate, visitingone of my daughters. Since it's at least 500 or 600 pages, I'm sure it will take me a long time if I only read it during my visits.
6. Are you named after anyone? Has anyone ever been named after you?
My mother's name was Evelyn and my middle name is Lyn with one "n," in her honor.
Nobody's ever been named after me, but a friend used my younger daughter's name in a commercial. I got a call right after her birth. "What did you name your baby?" And the next thing I knew, she was on TV. Her name, at least.