Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FILE UNDER T.M.I.

In this week's issue of People, Brad Pitt suggests to the interviewer that he or she ask Quentin Tarantino what he does to people who fall asleep on the set. One of the features of working with people who are affiliated with all things movie related is that you sometimes know more than you wanted to know about certain subjects. This is one of them. But you can get on board just by Googling a few key words. [I'll let you figure out which ones.]

Apparently, QT has a purple dildo he calls Gerry, allegedly after some woman named Geraldine. I do not know the history. I do know that if someone dares to fall asleep, Tarantino will place the dildo next to the hapless victim's face and take a picture. This photo is then posted on a wall of shame. And there's a three strike rule. If you get caught three times napping you're out. Although I'm not sure how out. Out of the movie? I don't know. Apparently one of the female stars got caught twice.

Our reporter was actually going to ask QT about Gerry on the red carpet last night. I didn't think it was a good idea. At the same time I thought it was interesting that Pitt brought up the subject in a family magazine, albeit surreptitiously.

That's showbiz.


1 comment:

Chris said...

I have the same rule for our meetings at the office.