Remind me to stop clicking on those dumb pretend news links on the AOL Welcome screen -- such a complete waste of time. Meanwhile, since I did decide to click on one, there was a study done in England about the car colors that get into the most accidents, supposedly because they are a reflection of the personalities of the people who drive them. Needless to say there was a disclaimer -- they don't know whether the statistics apply to Americans or not, but it must have been a slow news day because AOL posted it for its USA readers.
The car colors are listed in order of most likely to have an accident. I drive a black Jeep. I'll cop to outsider and rebel. But I'm a pussycat behind the wheel. Nothing bothers me. I don't even have to use my horn. I also drive slower than the speed limit in the right lane. Yeah, go figure. The only accident I ever had was years ago in a red rental car when some woman at a stop sign lost her mind and decided to pull out right in front of me. Even then I managed to turn my car parallel to hers instead of her car hitting me broadside or vice versa. So na na na na na.
1. Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.
2. Silver cars indicate someone who's cool, calm and slightly aloof.
3. Green cars can often be chosen by people with hysterical tendencies.
4. Yellow cars signify someone who is idealistic and novelty loving.
5. Blue cars are chosen by the more introspective, reflective and cautious driver.
6. Gray cars represent those who are calm, sober and dedicated to their work.
7. Red cars denote those who are full of zest, energy and drive and who think, move and talk quickly.
8. Pink cars are chosen by gentle, loving and affectionate drivers.
9. White cars represent status-seeking extrovert drivers.
10. Cream cars are the least likely to be involved in accidents and denote self-contained and controlled owners.