Wednesday, October 8, 2008

AOL Email Is Acting Up

Next time you send an email using AOL, send a copy to yourself. I recently noticed that the spacing between paragraphs on my emails is tripled or quadrupled. Also the typeface gets very large. And there's code stuck on the ends of my sentences.

I called Beverly in Bangladesh and she said that several people were complaining of this very same problem. I don't know if it's just a MAC problem or a general AOL problem. But Beverley assured me that she could feel my pain and they were working to take care of the issue as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, before I discovered how stupid AOL was making my emails look, I sent a couple out to important people. People who would think I was a complete idiot for sending out such cockamammy emails.

And I was at a loss over how to explain what happened. Dear President of A Big Company: As you no doubt noticed, there were a whole lot of spaces between each paragraph in the email I recently sent you. I don't usually have that much space between the paragraphs that I write. No, really. They weren't intended at all. You see, there was a glitch in my AOL internet service that caused a bunch of strange things to happen. You know all the html script at the end of each sentence -- AOL's fault. The very large type -- AOL again. Yep, not my fault.

Then I realized I couldn't send an email to explain what happened, because it would just happen again.

So I just hoped they would ignore all the crap and read between the ?nspb's. Who am I kidding? Clearly it's time to get a gmail account. Each day, having an AOL email address gets more and more like driving a Yugo. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think eveytime they start to screw with their system stuff happens..bad stuff. Have you tried to get into your older entries? I can't access mine...hope they do what they promised about moving everything...be well, Sandi

Remo said...

With the "foreclosure" of AOL and the evictions underway, I guess your arrival proves the adage:

"You can take the 'hood out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the 'hood."

Get jiggy wid it, Mrs. L.

Chris said...

Welcome back to blogger! I've added you to my google reader.